- a rich cake with two or more tiers and covered with frosting and decorations; served at a wedding reception
- A wedding cake is the traditional cake served to the guests at a wedding reception (or in parts of England, at a wedding breakfast) after a wedding.
- Denoting a building or architectural style that is very decorative or ornate
- A rich iced cake, typically in two or more tiers, served at a wedding reception
- A decorated cake, often in several tiers and with a model bride and groom, that is cut by the couple as part of a wedding ceremony and distributed to the guests
- From Scratch are a New Zealand performance and recording group that use home made (from scratch) rhythms and instruments. They have performed since 1972 with an ever changing lineup though principally led by Philip Dadson.
- From Scratch is a public radio show about the entrepreneurial life broadcast weekly on National Public Radio’s XM and Sirius channels, NPR Worldwide, and NPR Berlin. The program is hosted by Jessica Harris.
- from the beginning, especially without relying on resources or other advantages; “he baked the torte from scratch”; “she built her business up from scratch”
- A set of instructions for preparing a particular dish, including a list of the ingredients required
- A recipe is a set of instructions that describe how to prepare or make something, especially a culinary dish.
- (The Recipe) The Recipe is the third studio album by American rapper Mack 10, released October 6, 1998 on Priority and Hoo-Bangin’ Records. It peaked at number 6 on the Billboard Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums and at number 15 on the Billboard 200.. All Media Guide, LLC. Retrieved on 2010-01-01.
- (recipe) directions for making something
- Something which is likely to lead to a particular outcome
- A medical prescription
wedding cake recipes from scratch – CakeLove: How
For Brown, love and baking are inseparable. After all, he abandoned an unrewarding career in law to do the work?baking cakes!?that he finds truly emotionally satisfying. Every page of CakeLove communicates that satisfaction, as well as Brown’s can-do approach to the art of baking. As he asserts, baking cakes isn’t a cakewalk, but it’s not rocket science, either?and getting it right isn’t nearly as hard as you think.
Pound cakes, butter cakes, sponge cakes, cupcakes. Glazes, frostings, fillings, meringues. Brown provides all the basics on ingredients, equipment, and techniques, as well as recipes for more than 50 cakes that range from the classic (Chocolate Butter Cake) to the adventurous (?Sassy,” a pound cake made with mango puree and cayenne pepper). The informative step-by-step shots make you want to run to the kitchen and start baking, and the scrumptious color photos of completed cakes look good enough to sink your teeth into.
piece of Wedding Cake – red velvet w hazelnut vanilla
made by Veronika – red velvet cake + almond+hazelnut cake with fresh vanilla beans and amaretto + soaked sour cherries in spiced sweet wine with cream from white chocolate and mascarpone, covered in chocolate
wedding cake recipes from scratch